Sunday, October 07, 2007

Life of a Filmmaker

It's kind of "funny" that as soon as I wrote about posting consistency, I disappeared for a week. Well, life as a college undergrad isn't exactly a walk in the park. For the first time this semester, stress is beginning to set in.

I have an ambitious film to shoot with only a week left and preproduction barely halfway completed. The woes of wrangling equipment, talent, and locations are starting to chip away at me.

The Cost of an under-budgeted, understaffed, ambitious short film:
1. Sacrificed storyline - the story will eventually take quite a few slashes.
2. My Grades - For this week, my attention and time will be monopolized by this short. I will undoubtedly be 'slacking' in my other classes in order to start and finish this project.
3. Social Life - Neglecting relationships. 'Tis the life of a filmmaker, I guess.
4. My sanity.

Shooting was supposed to start this weekend...

Stress Reliever: "Bangor Mash" by Devil Makes Three

No comments: