Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Birthdays Forced to go Digital

"May you live all the days of your life."
- Jonathan Swift
My birthdays have gone digital (today's my 22nd). To receive accolades I check my inbox or I log on AIM. It's a virtual 'Online Party!' Some how, it's not the same. It lacks warmth.

Birthdays used to be exciting, I would countdown three months in advance. There was always something to look forward to; the dining room table stacked with presents I couldn't open until after school. The fantastic dinner, friends, family!

Now, I live on my own. I receive text and voice-messages, emails, and online birthday cards. My parents both live in differing cities, one of my siblings is halfway across the country, and all of my friends are in class or different cities/states. If they were all available to celebrate my birthday ON my birthday, I'd probably have to decline... 18 units, Homework.

I am forced to take my birthdays Digital.


My birthday plans:
1. Class
2. Homework Blog
3. Class

No comments: